Osgoode Properties Limited, a leader in rental property management, has an opening for a Leasing Agent. Reporting to the Community Director, the Leasing Agent is responsible to respond to inquiries from a diverse range of clients and receive prospective rental tenants at the site and conduct showings to aid them in coming to a decision on renting with Osgoode Properties. The incumbent provides exceptional customer service and operational support for the residential building.
As a proactive individual, responds to all in-person requests for rental information and also coordinates other enquiries by telephone or e-mail. Specifically:
- Conducts apartment viewings with prospective tenants
- Inspects all vacant and model suites to ensure show-ready condition
- Secures high volume of new tenants using proper closing techniques or skills
- Reviews and completes applications with prospective tenants
- Assists Building Manager in completing the application review process
- Prepares lease documentation for approval by the Building Manager
- Maintains records in the site database (Yardi), including updating lease information, rent collection, rent renewal and resident notices
- Logs traffic and appointments in Yardi database
- Maintains site files
- Prepares and logs work orders (resident service requests) as necessary
- Professionally and courteously handles all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
- Consistently focuses on providing superior customer service
- High school equivalent
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in office administration, property management, sales and/or customer service
- General knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation
- Ability to put all prospective residents at ease when showing apartments, answers all questions effectively and provides all required information
- Ability to overcome obstacles as presented by prospective tenants
- Keeps current knowledge on practices in the market and other buildings in the area
- Strong communication and written skills in English
- General knowledge of computer software systems, including Yardi and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good conflict-resolution skills, ability to deal patiently, tactfully and effectively with emotionally charged situations and a client base with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds
- Displays a positive work attitude and is enthusiastic
- Good organizational skills
This is a contract position for a period of 6 months with full-time hours which requires evening and Saturday work hours.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.