Osgoode Properties Limited, a leader in rental property management, has an opening for full-time permanent Rental Agent.
Reporting to the Building Manager, the Rental Agent is responsible for responding to inquiries from a diverse range of clients and receiving prospective rental tenants at the site locations and conducting showings to aid them in coming to a decision on renting with Osgoode Properties. The incumbent provides exceptional customer service and operational support for the residential buildings.
As a proactive individual, responds to all in-person requests for rental information and also coordinates other enquiries by telephone or e-mail. Specifically:
• Conducts apartment viewings with prospective tenants
• Inspects all vacant and model suites to ensure show-ready condition
• Secures high volume of new tenants using proper closing techniques or skills
• Reviews and completes applications with prospective tenants
• Assists Building Manager in completing the application review process
• Prepares lease documentation for approval by the Building Manager
• Maintains records in the site database (Yardi), including updating lease information, rent collection, rent renewal and resident notices
• Logs traffic and appointments in Yardi database
• Maintains site files
• Prepares and logs work orders (resident service requests) as necessary
• Professionally and courteously handles all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
• Consistently focuses on providing superior customer service
• Understands and adheres to all criteria outlined in the Certified Rental Building program (CRB) and the Crime Free Program (CFMHP), where applicable
• High school equivalent
• 2 to 3 years' experience in office administration, property management, sales and/or customer service
• General knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation desired
• Ability to put all prospective residents at ease when showing apartments; answering all questions effectively and providing all required information
• Ability to overcome obstacles as presented by prospective tenants
• Keeps current knowledge on practices in the market and other buildings in the area
• Strong communication and written skills in English and/or French
• General knowledge of computer software systems, including Yardi and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Good conflict-resolution skills, ability to deal patiently, tactfully and effectively with emotionally charged situations and a client base with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds
• Displays a positive work attitude and is enthusiastic
• Good organizational skills
This is a full-time permanent position which offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary. Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume by email.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those only those under consideration will be contacted.