We are all looking for fun and free activities these days, especially ones that allow us to be outdoors. Here are some ideas for you and your family this winter:
- Break out the Toboggan – Ottawa has some excellent toboggan hills. Our top picks would be:
- Westboro Beach – Great location with easy parking.
- Arboritum – Beautiful for a winter walk after your day of play.
- Bruce Pitt – You can even bring the fur kids.
- Carlington – This one is steep; in fact, some use it as a ski hill. Fun Fact – the President of Osgoode Properties learned how to ski on Carlington!
- Skating at Mud Lake – A 3.5 km walk in Britannia Village, great for snowshoes or a nice winter walk, brings you to Mud Lake. Tie on your skates and hop on the lake for a beautiful winter day. Do not forget to bring your own shovel if it has just snowed. This gem is a short distance to our communities at Lincoln Park Tower, Lakeview Apartments and Parkway Towers. But it is so pretty it is worth the trip from anywhere in the city!
- City or Park Skating Rinks – Find a rink close to you by going to – https://www.ottawarinks.ca/en/rinklist
Enjoy creating winter memories and don’t forget to tag us in your photos @osgoodeapts!