There is no shortage of fun, winter activities to try in Gatineau! Here are some of our favs:
- Snow Tubing – The worst part of snow tubing is the walk back up the hill, but these great options have a tow to take you back up! For a day of fun you have to try:
- Le Domaine de L’Ange-Gardien – https://domaineangegardien.com/en/snow-tubing
- Edelweiss – https://www.sommets.com/fr/glissades-tube/edelweiss/
- Skiing – Several ski hills are within a quick drive:
- Camp Fortune – https://campfortune.com/en/ - Night skiing available
- Vorlage – https://skivorlage.com/
- Mont Cascades – https://montcascades.ca/ski/
- Edelweiss – https://www.sommets.com/en/ski-mountains/sommet-edelweiss/
- Cross Country Skiing – Our top choice is Gatineau Park
- Considered some of the best x-country skiing in North America.
- Tickets are required – https://ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places/gatineau-park-winter-passes#
- Accessing the Gatineaus for the first time might be intimidating – here are some tips for first time users:
- P3 – rolling hills to the base of Pink Lake is a terrific ski or really challenge yourself and ski up to the top
- P8-P9 – start at parking lot 8 and ski through the woods to parking lot 9 for a beautiful and less intense trail
- These are just the beginning of exploring this incredible region on skis
- Trail condition report: https://ncc-ccn.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=9fb8f1b699fb4653b14ec9f06e3f7ed7
- Going at night? Don’t forget your headlamp.
- Winter Camping – Did you know that you can book a cabin for an overnight winter adventure?
No excuse Gatineau! Get out there and have some fun. Don’t forget to tag us in your photos at @osgoodeapts!
Want to live close to all Gatineau Park has to offer? Make your best move, and give us a call (613-688-2222) or email ([email protected]) today. We can help find you a home with these great trails in your own backyard!